This is for ALL baking levels and anyone that loves antiques! My classes are all about making pastry fun and accessible at any skill level.
On the Itinerary:
Friday, June 5th:
- Meet and greet with pastries and refreshments
- A class on Raspberry Paris-Brest! A gorgeous dessert in the shape of a ring to refer to the wheel of a bike, and the bike race between the cities of Paris and Brest. With any leftover dough, we’ll make chouquettes. You’ll learn pâte a choux (the dough used for cream puffs, eclairs, gourgeres…), pastry cream that we’ll transform into mousseline cream, and you’ll work on your piping skills!
- A visit to two fabulous antique shops in Versailles.
- A stop by the boutique at the Flour Mill in Versailles, a family run business since 1905! They also have a great selection of cooking equipment.
Saturday, June 6th:
- We’ll shop at the Farmer’s Market for items for a typical French lunch. I’ll explain how to find the best produce and give you all sorts of tips about navigating markets in France.
- A 3 hour class on Tarts! We will make three different kinds: lemon, chocolate, and caramel/passionfruit. You’ll learn how to make: pâte sucrée (tart dough), lemon curd, chocolate ganache, passionfruit caramel, Italian meringue, and decoration techniques.
- For lunch, we will put together a picnic with our market finds and tarts and go to the Versailles gardens to lounge and eat till our heart’s content!
- A Versailles city walking tour learning about the history of the city and visiting key locations (including my favorite museum here).
Sunday, June 7th:
- The morning is entirely devoted to going to the yard sale in Versailles (it’s huge!)- and because of the location, chock-full of fantastic finds for any treasure hunter.
- We’ll set a meeting time for lunch at a local neighborhood spot.
- A 3 hour class on French Macarons. Each guest will leave with a box of macarons. We will also make a big macaron cake loaded with seasonal berries to enjoy with champagne to celebrate the end of a fabulous weekend.
What is Included:
- 3 three hour intensive pastry classes
- Visits to antique shops and a yard sale
- A tour of the city of Versailles
- 3 breakfasts and lunches, including lunch at a local restaurant. All beverages included. For dinner, this will depend on the group. We can meet up (this would be on our own tab) or you might choose to have the evening free.
- A Goodie Bag with tools that you’ll use in the pastry class and a tote bag for your antique finds.
What is not Included:
- Transportation to Versailles
You will receive a list of hotel recommendations and other details upon booking to help with arranging your travel. *I’ve had several clients say hotels and AirBnBs are much cheaper than in Paris.
Click the “Book Now” button above to reserve your place with a €150 deposit. The remainder will be due one month before the workshop. You can also choose to pay in full or set up payments. Just let me know what you prefer! firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments are non-refundable for all MollyJWilk multi-day workshops. If a client needs to cancel, we will try to find a replacement. If a replacement is found, a refund is at our discretion. In the unlikely event that a multi-day workshop is canceled, clients will be refunded in full. Please read more about our Terms & Conditions here.