A thousand flaky butter layers perfectly coming together with a creamy decadent filling. The mille feuille or Napoleon. Often thought to be rather difficult, we’re going to take a short cut that will take the normal 1-2 day process of making puff pastry, and shorten it to 30 minutes. This recipe is one of those you really need to know. Great for anything savory or sweet that calls for puff pastry, and so much better than the store-bought versions. Also! Even though we are shortening the process, we’ll still have those gorgeous caramelized layers. OUI!!
We’ll also learn pastry cream, something I could really just eat with a spoon it’s so good.
What you will learn:
- The easy, faster way to make your very own puff pastry with all the layers of buttery goodness
- The difference between a double fold and a single fold
- How to bake puff pastry for that crisp top
- The method to cleanly cutting puff pastry
- How to make pastry cream
- How to assemble your very own mille feuille!
What you will take home:
- A box of your creations
- The recipes for you to recreate them later