What you will learn:
- The easy, faster way to make your very own puff pastry with all the layers of buttery goodness
- The difference between a double fold and a single fold
- How to bake puff pastry for that crisp top
- The method to cleanly cutting puff pastry
- How to make pastry cream: vanilla and strawberry
- How to assemble your very own mille feuille!
Maximum number of guests: 4
Class Length: 3.5 hours
A thousand flaky butter layers perfectly coming together with a creamy decadent filling. For this pastry workshop, we’ll be making mille-feuille or Napoleon. The flavors… peaches & cream, or strawberries & cream (you choose, or do both!).
Learn the easy way to make puff pastry. So fast and uncomplicated that you’ll find yourself making it for any recipe that calls for it. Savory tart, mini appetizers… done! Often thought to be rather difficult, we’re going to take a short cut that will drastically reduce the normally 1-2 day process of making puff pastry, to just 30 minutes. The result… crisp, flaky, buttery, and utterly delicious, and no one has to know that you didn’t labor over it for hours.
We’ll also learn pastry cream, something I could really just eat with a spoon it’s so good. It’s fast, delicious, and we will talk about all the many ways you can change up the flavors to snazz up any dessert.
The class will end with styling and a photo session and of course a tasting! As we devour our treats, we’ll sip Marie Antoinette tea from the King’s Royal Kitchen Garden (Potager du Roi) located just around the corner.
All students leave with a box of treats and the recipes to recreate their creations at home.