Pâte á Choux is the interesting hot dough we’ll be learning. It’s actually made in a saucepan! We’ll pipe our own cream puffs and eclairs, and learn the tips and tricks of baking these beauties for a cooked through, golden brown, puff just ready for a gorgeous filling. And oui oui it is! We’ll make a pastry cream to pipe on the inside, and then layer in fresh fruit coulis and top it with luscious whipped Chantilly cream.
We’ll also dabble in chouquettes, one of my favorite treats. These one-bite wonders are like eating sugar clouds. Boy are they good!!
I’ll throw in some tips on how to make gougeres, the savory cheesy version, then we’ll try what we made.
What will I learn:
- The ins and outs of Pate a Choux
- Piping techniques
- How to make pastry cream
- The different ways to flavor pastry cream
- Decorating and filling cream puffs and eclairs
- Tips for how to change the base recipe to make gougeres
- How to make chouquettes
What will I go home with:
- All the recipes covered in the class
- A box of treats to enjoy as snacks