Berry Eclairs With Honey Meringue
A gorgeous fresh eclair perfect as we get ready for warmer weather! The inside is a berry pastry cream. The outside is gorgeously glazed and on top, we will pipe a stunning honey Swiss meringue.
These are beautiful, and so much fun to make – a statement in themselves and up to being displayed in any French patisserie. I cannot wait for you to try them!
What you will learn:
- How to make homemade berry pastry cream
- Process and tips for making the best pate a choux
- The recipe for a quick and fresh berry glaze
- How to make a decorative and delicious honey meringue
- Tips for assembly and decoration
- Recipe for pastry cream, choux pastry, berry glaze, and honey meringue
- Access to the Live virtual class, a recording of the class for 30 days, and an exclusive Facebook community group of bakers from around the world
- Make ahead tips and storage tips
Special Equipment Needed:
Small and medium saucepans, mixing bowls, whisk, wooden or plastic spoon, stand or hand mixer, plastic wrap, piping bag with a piping tip (10-12mm Round, Wilton 1A, Ateco 806, Wilton 6B, PF16, or Ateco 866), parchment paper
eggs, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, whole milk, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, mixed berries, water, salt, powdered sugar, honey, gold leaf (optional)
Time Change Notes:
Classes always account for any time changes. This class will start earlier in Paris at 6pm which still makes it a 1pm EST start time in North America.