Caramel Pecan Cream Puffs
Join me for this extravagant seasonal twist on cream puffs, an adaption of a pecan pie…!
Light choux puffs filled with creamy, delicious white chocolate pecan ganache and whipped brown sugar cream cheese swirl, then topped with a brown sugar craquelin- yummmm!! We’ll be adding a couple of extra components and techniques in this class, so it’s recommended for intermediate bakers. But don’t let that stop you!
*This class is scheduled for 2.5 hours, but we may go over time!
Class Date/Time: SATURDAY November 12th at 1pm EST (7PM Paris)
*Not sure why the system is showing Friday! Just ignore it! 🙂
What you will learn:
- How to make pate a choux dough
- Tips and tricks for piping your cream puff filling like an expert
- How to make craquelin
- Recipe for pate a choux, white chocolate pecan ganache, brown sugar craquelin, and a whipped brown sugar cream cheese swirl
- Make ahead and storage tips
- Access to the Live virtual class, a recording of the class for 30 days, and an exclusive Facebook community group of bakers from around the world
Special Equipment Needed:
a scale (optional), baking sheets, a double boiler (small saucepan and a heat-safe bowl), a medium saucepan, a stand mixer (optional), piping bags, piping tips (12mm Round/ Wilton 1A/2A/Ateco 806 and star tip-I like to use a French tip), cookie cutters (about 2 inches or 5 cm in diameter), Silpats or parchment paper. Check out all of my favorite equipment recommendations here: Molly’s Recommendations
pecan halves, white chocolate, eggs (yolks and whole), vanilla extract, unsalted butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, ground cinnamon, all-purpose flour, whole milk, granulated sugar, salt, cream cheese