Stunning and delicious, the croquembouche is a showstopper for any holiday gathering! We’ll walk through this amazing dessert step by step so that you can master each and every component to wow your friends and family this upcoming holiday season. A dough made on the stove that turns into a light puffy cloud with a delicious filling, who could resist? After all, who doesn’t love a tower of vanilla cream and caramel?
This class is the perfect preparation for making a Croquembouche. We will make the components together (which will keep until Christmas Eve or Day), then sit back and relax and watch as I demonstrate the assembly.
This cake serves 8-10 people, but can easily be scaled up or down (instructions included!).
What you will learn:
- How to make pate a choux, pastry cream, and caramel
- How to assemble a tower of choux! Plus several ideas for different assembly techniques
- Decoration ideas
- Recipe for pate a choux, vanilla pastry cream, and caramel
- Assembly, make ahead and storage tips
- Access to the Live virtual class, a recording of the class for 30 days, and an exclusive Facebook community group of bakers from around the world
**Recording available for 30 days. A link to access this will be sent to participants about 1 hour after the live class ends.
Special Equipment Needed:
a scale- optional but highly recommended, mixer (stand mixer or hand mixer) with paddle attachment, piping bags, silpats or parchment paper, 2 small saucepans (one for the dough and one for the caramel), a tea towel or oven mitt, serving plate/cake board. Check out all of my favorite recommendations here: Molly’s Recommendations
whole milk, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, vanilla paste or vanilla extract or whole vanilla bean, eggs and egg yolks, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt