French Cookies With A Twist
Join me in making three kinds of cookies, some French and one with a familiar American twist! These are perfect to share and bring joy during the holiday season.
Here are the three we will be making in this class:
#1 Pain d’epices is a traditional sweet bread eaten during Christmas. Unlike typical gingerbread, these cookies are made with spices and a mix of honey and maple syrup inside.
#2 The Coffee Chocolate Domes du Convent cookies are an Alsatian cookie that isn’t often seen. They have a gorgeous texture kind of like Mexican wedding cookies and are so delicious with a coffee or tea. You’ll find it hard to eat just one! They’re in a fun shape and the name means “convent domes” like nuns.. Where does that come from? No idea! Normally they are just chocolate and almond, but I added coffee to the twist and it makes them SO GOOD! Psst if you don’t like coffee, it’s easy to leave it out.
#3 The Cranberry Orange Thumbprint cookies are a nod to my American side. These are insanely good and remind me of the cake made with these same flavors. Inside you’ll find pieces of white chocolate, orange zest, and dried cranberries.. and on top… a homemade cranberry jam.
What you will learn:
- How to make 3 different types of cookie dough, fresh jam, chocolate ganache, and royal icing
- Tips and tricks for perfecting these little treats
- Recipe for pain d’epices cookies with royal icing decorative topping, coffee chocolate domes du convent with a ganache-coffee topping, and cranberry orange thumbprint cookies with fresh homemade cranberry orange jam.
- Assembly, make ahead and storage tips
- Access to the Live virtual class, a recording of the class for 30 days, and an exclusive Facebook community group of bakers from around the world
**Recording available for 30 days. A link to access this will be sent to participants about 1 hour after the live class ends.
Special Equipment Needed:
A scale- optional but highly recommended, stand mixer OR a hand mixer and food processor, several mixing bowls, rolling pin, fun holiday-shaped cookie cutters, silpats or parchment paper.
Check out all of my favorite recommendations here: Molly’s Recommendations
all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, ground allspice, ground cinnamon, almond powder, instant espresso, coffee, unsalted butter, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, vanilla extract, melted white chocolate, finely chopped white chocolate, chopped milk chocolate, grated milk OR dark chocolate, powdered sugar, zest & juice of one orange, frozen cranberries, finely chopped dried cranberries, coffee liquor (optional)