French Macarons 101
Start 2024 off with a bang by mastering French Macarons!
In this introduction-level class, I will go through the basic fundamentals of French Macarons and how to achieve the perfect cookie that is chewy in the center with a slight crunch as you bite in. We’ll also learn my favorite vanilla buttercream recipe and all my tips for filling just the right amount.
A “nice to know” tip… Macarons are best stored in the freezer so this means you can make them well in advance for any gathering.
What you will learn:
- How to make macarons with the French Meringue method
- Tips and tricks for mastering your macarons
- How to change up the flavor of your macarons for any occasion!
- Recipe for macarons and a delicious creamy vanilla buttercream
- Make ahead and storage tips
- A tips sheet on the French Meringue method for you to keep and refer back to whenever you need
- A pass to the live class on Zoom
- Lifetime access to the recording and recipe through an online portal
- A Facebook community group of bakers from around the world to ask any follow up questions
Special Equipment Needed:
a scale- optional but highly recommended as this is the best way to make macarons!, a mixer- stand or hand both work, piping bags, large round piping tip (8-10mm in diameter, Ateco 804/806, Wilton 1A), and 8-10mm tip- Ateco 804/806 or Wilton 2A (for filling), silpats or parchment paper. Check out all of my favorite Macaron recommendations here: Molly’s Recommendations
egg whites, granulated sugar, ground almonds (meal or flour), powdered sugar, unsalted butter, milk (any kind), vanilla extract