Galette des Rois
Join Molly in making one of the most classic and acclaimed French desserts – Galette des Rois, or King’s Cake!
This delicious rich almond cake (with a hint of rum if you want) is encased in flakey buttery puff pastry. It’s a classic that’s only made in France in January and specifically designed to eat on King’s Day (January 6th!)
During class, Molly will take you every step of the way to master this recipe, including making a simple puff pastry to envelop the yummy homemade almond cream. Plus, we’ll discuss when and where to sneak in the classic feve!
What you will learn:
- Step by step process for a delicious and simple puff pastry
- Recipe for a freshly made Almond Cake filling
- Tips for assembly and decoration
- Recipe for puff pastry + filling
- A pass to the live class on Zoom
- Lifetime access to the recording and recipe through an online portal
- A Facebook community group of bakers from around the world to ask any follow up questions
- Make ahead tips and storage tips
Special Equipment Needed:
mixing bowls, electric mixer with paddle attachment (or can use a whisk by hand), plastic wrap, parchment paper, rolling pin, for the scoring on top use a sharp pairing knife or bread razor
unsalted butter, powdered sugar, finely ground almonds (flour or meal), all-purpose flour, eggs, vanilla extract, rum (optional), almond extract, salt