German Chocolate Cake Cream Puffs
Bringing all those divine flavors of a German chocolate cake into a light delicious cream puff! I cannot wait to see you for this class showing you a fun new cream puff flavor with a gorgeous design!
The cream puffs will be filled and embellished just like a Ferman chocolate cake with a caramel pecan coconut filling, a light whipped chocolate cream, and coconut-chocolate ganache, all inside… a chocolate choux pastry.
What you will learn:
- How to make chocolate pate a choux dough
- Mouthwatering fillings and how to garnish your cream puffs
- Piping and decorating tips
- Storage and how to make ahead parts of the recipe
- Recipe for German Chocolate Cake Cream Puffs
- Access to the Live virtual class, a recording of the class for 30 days, and an exclusive Facebook community group of bakers from around the world
Special Equipment Needed:
a scale (optional), baking sheets, a medium saucepan, a stand mixer (optional), piping bags, piping tips (12mm Round/ Wilton 1A/2A/Ateco 806 and a star tip-I like to use a French tip), Silpats or parchment paper. Check out all of my favorite equipment recommendations here: Molly’s Recommendations
pecan halves, butter, brown sugar, eggs, half & half, sweetened shredded coconut, coconut milk, bittersweet chocolate, whole milk, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cinnamon
*NOTE: The flour in this recipe can be replaced with a GF blend to make these gluten-free.