Take your macaron game up a notch with these French Macarons made with the Italian Meringue method. This is the most stable method for making macarons and what is most often used in bakeries. The key to mastering this method: precision! And a scale will be your best friend on your journey to perfecting this method! For this class, we’ll taking a seasonal twist on the filling and design with a ghost shaped template and chocolate “spookies and scream” buttercream frosting!
What you will learn:
- How to make macarons with the Italian Meringue method
- Tips and tricks for mastering your macarons
- How to change up the flavor of your macarons for any occasion!
- Recipe for macarons and a delicious buttercream filling
- Make ahead and storage tips
- A tips sheet on the Italian Meringue method for you to keep and refer back to whenever you need
- Access to the Live virtual class, a recording of the class for 30 days, and an exclusive Facebook community group of bakers around the world
Special Equipment Needed:
a scale- this is the best way to make macarons with the Italian meringue method!, a thermometer, a mixer- stand or hand both work, piping bags, piping tips (8-10mm, Ateco 804/806, Wilton 2A), silpats or parchment paper. Check out all of my favorite Macaron recommendations here: Molly’s Recommendations
egg whites, granulated sugar, ground almonds (meal or flour), powdered sugar, unsalted butter, milk or or semisweet or bittersweet chocolate – melted, crushed oreos semisweet or bittersweet chocolate – melted, crushed oreos