Gingerbread Mousse Bûche de Nöel
This was so much fun to come up with! We’ll be creating our own mold out of a loaf tin, so there’s no special equipment to purchase and layering in a delicious gingerbread cake and vanilla mousse. To balance it all out and add a punch of incredible flavor, a line of homemade cranberry jam is added down the middle. Sound difficult? I’ll make it super easy and your friends and family will be so impressed!
The outside is decorated with cinnamon whipped cream piped to look like a log. Complete the cake with fun decorations and enjoy! This cake can be stored in the freezer for up to one week until ready to decorate, or in the fridge for 3 days making this class perfectly timed for your holiday gatherings.
What you will learn:
- Step by step instruction for all the pieces of the cake
- Piping techniques for the top
- How to make your own Buche de Noel mold!
- The steps and techniques for making a layered cake dessert.
- Tips and tricks for my favorite ways to decorate!
- Recipe for the gingerbread cake base, cranberry jam, vanilla mouse, and whipped cream topping
- Assembly, make ahead and storage tips
- Access to the Live virtual class, a recording of the class for 30 days, and an exclusive Facebook community group of bakers from around the world
**Recording available for 30 days. A link to access this will be sent to participants about 1 hour after the live class ends.
Special Equipment Needed:
A scale- optional but highly recommended, a 9×9-inch (23×23 cm) pan, a 1lb loaf pan, stand mixer OR hand mixer, several mixing bowls, saucepan, parchment paper, plastic wrap, and aluminum foil. Check out all of my favorite recommendations here: Molly’s Recommendations
all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground nutmeg, unsalted butter, eggs, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, molasses, vanilla extract, powdered gelatin, milk, whipping cream, powdered sugar, cream cheese (optional)