Pumpkin Opera Cake
This is a seasonal take on one of my favorite French desserts- the Opera Cake! There are quite a few steps for this recipe, but we will walk through them together- breaking down each element and creating a delicious pumpkin spice dessert to add to your Fall menu!
**Recording available for 30 days. A link to access this will be sent to participants about 1 hour after the live class ends.
What you will learn:
- How to make and assemble the elements of an Opera cake
- Tips for the perfect Joconde batter
- Recipes for pumpkin Joconde cake, pumpkin syrup, pumpkin buttercream, and chocolate ganache
- Make ahead and storage tips
- Access to a 3 hour live baking class, 30 day access to a recording of the class. access to an exclusive Facebook group of bakers all around the world
Special Equipment Needed:
9×9 inch (23 x 23cm) and 9x 13 inch (23 x 33cm) baking pans, metal offset spatula, parchment paper, electric mixer (hand or stand). Find specific recommendations here: Molly’s Recommendations
unsalted butter, egg whites, granulated sugar, whole eggs, pumpkin puree, almond flour or meal, powdered sugar, flour, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, brown sugar, nutmeg, semisweet or bittersweet or dark chocolate- chopped, heavy cream, vegetable or coconut oil