Girl Scout Cookie season is among us and there is no better way to celebrate than with them and all the amazing things they do than of course buying some cookies… and maybe making this perfect French tart take on the unforgettable samoas cookie!
In this tart, a coconut caramel sauce sits on top of a buttery pate sucrée dough, while the whole thing is drizzled with ribbons of melted chocolate – YUM! It is SO good!!!
A percentage of the sales of this class will be donated to Girl Scouts of America.
What you will learn:
- How to make my favorite go-to recipe for pate sucrée
- A twist on a classic tart shape
- Process for making a delicious caramel and coconut sauce
- Decoration ideas and suggestions
- Recipes for pate sucrée & coconut caramel sauce
- Make ahead and storage tips
- Access to the Live virtual class, a recording of the class for 30 days, and an exclusive Facebook community group of bakers around the world
Special Equipment Needed:
mixing bowls, electric mixer (optional), plastic wrap, whisk, 6 tartelette pans 4″ in diameter (we like these), aluminum foil, rolling pin, small saucepan, disposable piping bag or ziplock bag,
all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, almond flour (or meal) (optional), salt, unsalted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, heavy cream, granulated sugar, shredded sweetened or unsweetened coconut, chopped semisweet, bittersweet, or dark chocolate