Summer Café Gourmand
In France on many dessert menus you have a special item called a “Cafe Gourmand.” It’s like a dessert sampler plate with 3-4 little desserts of various textures and flavors plus an espresso or a cup of tea!
In this class we’ll be making our own version of this with light and crunchy berry swirl meringue kisses, a dense and delicious specialty rum almond cake from the French city Nantes, and smooth refreshing lemon panna cotta – YUM! It’s perfect for an afternoon party or if you just want to learn lots of fun easy French desserts.
What you will learn:
- How to make easy and delicious meringue kisses with a berry swirl
- My recipe for homemade Nantes cake
- Step by step process for smooth lemon panna cotta
- Tips for assembly and decoration
- Recipe for berry jam meringue kisses, Nantes cake, and lemon panna cotta
- Access to the Live virtual class, a recording of the class for 30 days, and an exclusive Facebook community group of bakers from around the world
- Make ahead tips and storage tips
Special Equipment Needed:
mixing bowls, stand or hand mixer, parchment lined baking sheet, muffin tin, baking spray, whisk, saucepan, small glasses for panna cotta
eggs, lemon or cream of tartar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, berry jam, food coloring (optional), unsalted butter, almond flour, all-purpose flour, apricot jam, rum*, powdered gelatin or gelatin sheets, heavy cream, milk, whipped sweetened cream (optional), blackberries, rose petals (optional)
*To make alcohol free – leave out the rum in the Nantes cake, replace the rum in the glaze with lemon or orange juice
*To make gluten free – replace the all-purpose flour in the Nantes cakes with a GF mix.