Thin Mint Macarons
Even if you’ve taken my macaron classes before, I would recommend joining this one to learn a NEW recipe twist on this classic cookie!
Gorgeous & minty chocolate macarons are dipped into melted chocolate for this recipe to create a perfect and mouth-watering thin mint/macaron hybrid! These are perfect for anyone looking for that classic Girl Scout cookie flavor, but with a French twist! Using the French meringue method, this class will be for all bakers, beginners, and seasoned alike.
A percentage of all sales from this class will be donated to Girl Scouts of America.
What you will learn:
- How to make macarons with the French Meringue method
- A process on how to dip the macarons into melted chocolate for full coverage
- Tips and tricks for mastering your macarons
- How to change up the flavor of your macarons for any occasion!
- Recipe for macarons and a delicious chocolate mint ganache
- Make ahead and storage tips
- A tips sheet on the French Meringue method for you to keep and refer back to whenever you need
- Access to the Live virtual class, a recording of the class for 30 days, and an exclusive Facebook community group of bakers from around the world
Special Equipment Needed:
a scale- optional but highly recommended as this is the best way to make macarons!, a mixer- stand or hand both work, piping bags, piping tips (8-10mm tip- Ateco 804/806 or Wilton 2A for piping & filling), silpats or parchment paper, saucepan, mixing bowls. Check out all of my favorite Macaron recommendations here: Molly’s Recommendations
egg whites, granulated sugar, ground almonds (meal or flour), powdered sugar, cocoa powder, heavy cream, bittersweet (or semisweet) chocolate, peppermint extract
*Naturally gluten-free. Can be made dairy free as well.