Most home bakers who love whipping up treats in the kitchen assume baking delicious French pastries from scratch is too difficult or expensive.
But nothing could be further from the truth!
If you love French pastries but don’t know where to start when it comes to baking them at home, you’re in the right place.
I’ll walk you through the whats, hows, and whys of French pastry so you can make all your favorite French pastries with ease.
Yep! Even if you’ve never made French pastries before or you’re a total baking beginner.
- Gaining the Confidence to Start + My Baking Story
- Pastry Equipment + Pantry Recommendations
- Recipe for my Favorite French Cookies: Chocolate Sable Cookies
- Learn the Different Uses for Lemon Curd (there are so many!)
- Easy Recipe Variations & Simple Storage
- Homework: Send in a picture of your lemon curd
- Discover the end all be all of tart crusts!
- My Easy Peasey 10-Minute Pate Sucree Recipe (made by hand or with a hand mixer)
- Homework: Make a lemon tart using last week's lemon curd
- Piping for Beginners: Learn how to easily put in a piping tip, fill a piping bag, and make classic designs
- Homework: Send in a picture of your piping practice
- Learn how to make a soft, fluffy meringue
- How to Troubleshoot Common Questions, like “Why aren’t my egg whites whipping up?”
- Homework: Make meringue kisses using your new piping skills!
- My Perfect Pate a Choux Recipe
- Discover what to make with pate a choux (Hint: gougeres, chouquettes, cream puffs, or eclairs!)
- Homework: Make cheesy gougeres or chouquettes with your choux pastry
- Simple Go-To Pastry Cream
- Discover the versatility of pastry cream and how to use it in different pastries
- Homework: Make a Fresh Fruit tart with berries or another fruit of your choice
- My Staple Recipe for Pate Brisee (Pie Dough)
- Recipes for Quiche Lorraine & Bespoke Fruit Pie
- Easy tips for next-level crust decorations
- Homework: Make a gorgeous pie crust with your choice of a savory or sweet filling
- Learn the Science: What makes the puff happen?
- My All Magic No Fuss Savory & Sweet Recipes: Everything from cheese twists to mille feuille to palmiers
- Homework: Make a batch of puff pastry and use it to make either cheese twists or palmiers
- The ins and outs of perfect French Macarons (even if you’ve never made them before)
- Tips and textures to troubleshoot
- Homework: Make macarons with a chocolate ganache or lemon curd filling
- Understanding caramel and feeling confident making it
- Learn the different kinds of caramel and when to use them
- Homework: Serve yourself up a big bowl of vanilla ice cream with your homemade salted caramel sauce and enjoy!
- How to create your own recipes and plan bigger bake projects from what you’ve learned
- Make caramel-dipped cream puffs, filled with vanilla pastry cream, with a spun sugar decoration on top. I know you can do it!
- Homework: Present your Versailles Caramel Adorned Cream Puffs
With recorded lessons structured intentionally to practice skills as you learn them
Discover 4 bases and 4 fillings you can use to make lots of your favorite pastries
Learn to make pastries the whole family will love
To reduce overwhelm and give you plenty of time to practice your baking
Practice each week’s lesson by submitting homework for Molly to review
Watch and rewatch lessons as many times as your heart desires and get access to any updates
Bonjour! I’m Molly, Dallas-born pastry chef living and baking in Versailles, France.
My love for baking started when I was just a kid standing on a tall kitchen stool to help my mom mix cookie batter.
By the time I turned 8 or 9 I had memorized my favorite brownie recipe, and I loved how baking allowed me to be creative, eat delicious treats, and share my favorite things with others.
For so many years I thought baking French pastry was an art reserved for super talented chefs or life-long pastry fanatics.
But when I went to pastry school at the Cordon Bleu I realized how simple French pastries can be!
I went from making cookies and cakes to making genoise and cream puffs. And it’s safe to say I am hooked!
Now, I’m on a mission to show home bakers like you just how easy and fun it is to make French pastries at home.
I’m so thrilled you are here and I absolutely cannot wait to bake with you!
WITH LOVE & MACARONS,
IT’LL BE LOVE AT FIRST BAKE, IF…
If you join French Pastry for Beginners and don’t feel you’ve transformed your French pastry baking skills by the end of the 12-week live support, I’ll refund you in full—provided you watch the lessons and complete the homework, of course.
Yep! I’m that confident you’re going to LOVE learning how to make delicious French pastries at home.