The perfect experience for those who have already seen the Palace of Versailles and want to discover the rest of the city (and make Macarons!). Join Laura Moore, the talented tour guide behind Story of a City, and Molly Wilkinson of MollyJWilk for a wonderful combination of activities: a 90 minute tour of the city of Versailles followed by a two-hour French Macaron class!
You will begin with a 90 minute walking tour that will show you parts of the town of Versailles where visitors rarely venture. From the Carriage Museum to a key location of the French Revolution, the town of Versailles has so much more to offer than just a visit to the Palace.
After finishing your tour, you will join Molly Wilkinson, a Cordon Bleu trained pastry chef, at her gorgeous 18th century Versaillas apartment for a class in the art of making macarons. You will learn all about the history of this classic dessert, as well as the techniques and tricks needed to get it just right. You’ll leave with a box of your creations as a souvenir of the day, as well as the recipe needed to become a lifelong creator of this elegant French dessert.
What is included:
- Guided tour of the town of Versailles
- Visit to the former stables of Versailles
- Visit to the Salle du Jeu de Paume
- Visit to the Gallery of Carriages
- Visit to the Saint-Louis Cathedral of Versailles
- Pastry class in a private Versailles residence
*Please note that this Experience does NOT include a visit to the Palace of Versailles
Cost per Person: 110€
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting Point: In front of the statue of Louis XIV in the courtyard in front of the Palace of Versailles
Dates: Currently, the tour is available on Thursday, December 5th and 12th. Interested in booking this tour for your small group at another time? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Participants should have a moderate physical fitness level. The walking tour is on mostly flat terrain, but the Experience as a whole includes several hours of walking and/or standing.
- Not wheelchair accessible. In particular, there is no elevator at the private residence, and therefore participants must be able to climb stairs
- Minimum age of 12, under 18s must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- There are no restroom facilities during the walking tour. Restrooms are available at the private residence.
- Tours will run rain or shine, so appropriate rain and/or sun gear is recommended
- This Experience will have a maximum of 8 people
48 hours notice required for full refund Tour requires a minimum of two participants to run. If this minimum is not met, you will be contacted 48 hours prior to the tour departure with confirmation of the tour’s cancellation.