Hello world! Well my blog mysteriously published two draft blog posts yesterday that I’d written more than a year ago- bizarre indeed! They weren’t ready to read so I immediately took them down and I sadly am not in Texas right now enjoying Mexican food. Sorry about that!
So here’s what I was thinking- how about a recipe instead? I made this last night for an impromptu throw together dinner- and it was fabulous, seasonal, and crazy delicious!
Zucchini Shredded Chicken and Feta Pie
- 2 medium zucchini (one sliced into rounds, and one grated)
- 1 green bell pepper (quartered and then thinly sliced)
- 2 large spring onions (or one onion of choice) - halved and thinly sliced, include the spring onion tops too
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tsp herbs de provence
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded and cooked chicken
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 package feta cheese (180g or 6.35oz)
- pie crust (pate brisee) Ready made or homemade
- salt & pepper
Preheat your oven to 175C or 350F.
Roll out and place pie crust in a shallow pie pan. Crimp the edges in any fashion you like or just use a fork to make a design. Then chill until your filling is ready.
Sauté the sliced bell pepper, onions, and minced garlic with salt/pepper, basil and herbs de provence in a little oil (I prefer olive oil).
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and flour. Whisking well to work out the lumps.
Squeeze the liquid out of the grated zucchini and add to the egg/flour mixture. Also add the sauteed veggies, shredded chicken, and 3/4th's of the feta cheese, crumbled.
Pour into the pie crust and top with the sliced zucchini pieces. Crumble the remaining feta cheese on top. (if you're feeling snazzy, brush the edge of the pie crust with an egg wash or I just used the bit of liquid remaining in the bowl from the filling) Then bake 50-55 minutes.