Sweet Potato Hash For One
It’s two sweet potato recipes in a row! This one because of an amazing breakfast in Kansas City I had last weekend and the fresh eggs and mushrooms I got from the market yesterday. This recipe is for one lucky person for breakfast, lunch, or dinner- and great to throw in the oven while you’re doing other things. Just don’t forget to stir it every once and awhile.
It’s delicious, savory, and healthy!
SWEET POTATO HASH (FOR 1~)
- 1/4 cup sliced onion, then cut in large chunks
- 3 cremini mushrooms, de-stemmed and cut in fourths
- 1 spring thyme, chopped
- 2 sage leaves, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, cut in sticks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. In a cast iron skillet, saute the onion in olive oil. Stir in all other ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and transfer to the oven. Bake 30 minutes, stirring ever so often. Hash is done when sweet potatoes are cooked through and crispy on the edges.
- Top with a fried or poached egg!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU MADE
Tag me on instagram @mollyjwilk