Two Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookies
now now now- I know it’s usually “One Bowl” this or that but I think two bowls is pretty darn good. Well actually I should correct that and say one bowl, a small saucepan, a whisk, and a stirring spoon AND no mixer required. I make these puppies by hand wayyyyy too often! The batch is not crazy big so you don’t feel like you’re left with a bajillon and a millon cookies, but rather just the right amount for you and a couple of friends- or just you. No judgement.
TWO BOWL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Makes 16 cookies abouts depending on how much cookies dough makes it into the oven.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Stir in the pecans and chocolate. One cup is about two large handfuls- I usually eyeball it.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or overnight is even better. This allows the flavors to meld together and become more pronounced.
- Bake at 160C or 325F for 10-12 minutes or until it’s lightly brown all over.
NotesWhen adding the salt and baking powder, I sprinkle it across the top because I am not stirring it into the flour before adding it to the wet. Don’t worry though because it will still work just fine.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU MADE
Tag me on instagram @mollyjwilk